Let's see if I can do a succinct little round-up for the week. If you have John Mellencamp nee John Cougar's 'Jack and Diane' cue music now or watch this while reading on.
Myer learned to Sumo pose perhaps in honour of the global economy, and is now perfecting his best James Dean. Yes, it's true, he has inherited my eyebrow thing. As you can imagine, it's incredibly hard to capture on film, but I'll keep trying.
oh yeah, life goes on...

Rory is tearing it up Seahorse style. He continues to shine in two of the three R's of pre-kindergartenhood (writing and recess) but is sadly lacking at art. Not lacking of ability but of effort; my heart sags a little each time I see the empty art box and compare the dearth to Natalie's awesome prowess or fantastic writing on the board (that is a very long name, btw), for example. So I was overjoyed to see his paint-by-number boat last month.
Every child is different, I know that. This past weekend, Rory was playing drums with anything and on everything he could get hold of for as long as parents could tolerate, culminating in the asking of why we couldn't set up Dad's drums.
let it rock, let it roll...
And speaking of seahorses, the new aquarium exhibit Secret Lives of Seahorses opens next week. We will be avoiding it and the crowds until after Easter weekend, but are excited nonetheless!
Both boys have discovered the joys of wagon fun - Myer shrieks with infectious laughter at being pulled around the house in the Playskool wagon. Alas, little brother cannot yet return the favor.
Matt did a major no-no by dropping off Myer today with a poo-poo diaper, while I was having my baseline mammogram taken. I don't know the results of either yet, but the first is sure to be stinky while the latter is no cause for alarm.
Two American kids doin' the best they can.
ps- If anyone knows how to cut and paste into the posts format, let me know! Major tech issue with this suddenly.
No comments:
Post a Comment