Rory's favorite meal is fish (either tilapia or wild salmon), rice and chef's choice of vegetable. Last night was a battle and tear fest to get him to finish the polenta and tomato sauce, so no angel food cake and strawberries! He had eaten the same polenta preparation at the Douros' house a few weeks back; it's a special recipe from Mari's mother, when she was here visiting from Italy.So tonight, we brought back the sure-thing meal: fish sticks (MSC-certified Alaskan pollock), rice with egg furikake, and broccoli with cheese.
Myer is still on mama's milk, but he's now eating rice cereal one or two times a day. I've got a little jar of sweet potatoes that I'll try out next week. Stinky poo here we come...
Postscript: I recently learned that the Alaskan pollock fishery caught 130,000 wild king salmon as bycatch last year. That's egregious, we're not buying anymore pollock. This evening's meal was the last of what was in our freezer.
No comments:
Post a Comment