Well, after much delay I'm back writing again. Had a busy couple of weeks with travel for work. Myer and I had a nice long visit with Grammy and Grandpa Brookhart in Virginia for a week while I commuted into Silver Spring, and then we were off to Boston for the annual seafood industry show and our Seafood Champion Awards (you can view video here).
It was great to be with Grammy and Grandpa, especially as Mymy had never met them except in photos. He was pretty spoiled with all the attention from them and his cousins, Aunt Lisa and Uncle Justin, too!
Myer was quite the intrepid little traveler. He only fussed a couple times in-flight, and a few times people were shocked to learn there had been a baby on the flight. Definitely nice to travel when they're his age and can just be held in your lap and nursed to sleep. A different story when it came to getting to and from the airport with baby and luggage, though it wasn't all that bad in retrospect. A perennial overpacker, I really had to "streamline" things - one checked bag, two carry ons (one of which was the pump) plus Mymy - since I was flying solo, but confess the checked bag still weighed in over 50 pounds.
But note to self: that's the last time I schedule back-to-back work travel. I missed Rory terribly, and I think having Myer with me compounded those feelings.
No comments:
Post a Comment