Well, it seems I have hit my limit in terms of storage space on Picasa. So you'll have to wait just one more day for all of the pictures from last week's soccer camp.
This morning Rory and I visited his new school, Bayview Elementary, for his kindergarten assessment. He met with one of the two kindergarten teachers to assess his language and math skills; he said she asked him about shapes, numbers, and to write his name.
While he was doing that, I was busy with paperwork and learned that the school is thankfully going to remain at a class size of 25, instead of the proposed 30. I noticed on the class supply list one of the items is 2 reams of Xerox paper; the state's budget woes are so lovely!
While we were waiting to enter the classrooms (they're nice, very big and lots of books and art supplies), he played outside on the climbing structures and gave the school two thumbs up - whew! passed that test - although he did wonder where were all the playground toys.
First day of school is August 10, and I am not ready for it (mentally)!
No comments:
Post a Comment