First day of school (Sept. 2013)

First day of school (Sept. 2013)

Thursday, May 28, 2009

You totally made my day, Part 2

You would think that after being called a culinary goddess that my day could not be any better. But the truth is that was just the icing on the cake. My day was made at precisely 9:03 this morning when I dropped the boys off at school.

As I left Rory to take Myer across to his classroom, he made me promise to wave from the fence before I drove off, which I duly did about 10 minutes later. My "Hi, Rory!" from the fence across the play yard to where he was on the slide structure - a distance of at least 30 feet - was quickly and fervently met:

"Bye mommy!" Pause. "I love you!"

I will always treasure this moment, when he was so unabashedly unafraid and not embarrassed to profess his love for dear old mom (when does that start, I hesitate to ask?) across the playground for all his peers and teachers to hear. Music to my ears, thanks Rory! And back atcha!

No comments:

Post a Comment