This past week has seen him use "mine" for the first time - thankfully he's not using it ubiquitously yet, though I know it's only a matter of time - and string two words together. So here's the list, without further ado:
Proper names:
Mymy
Rory
Mami
Dada
A-de-da (Miss Angela)
Nennifer (Miss Jennifer)
Lulu (Miss Lulu)
Efanee (Ardan's mom Stephanie)
Ardanefanneeshaymus (one word, for Ardan and his parents)
Gamma (Grandma)
GiGi (Great-Grandma)
Gumpa (Grandpa)
Gammy (Grammy)
Other words:
A-ga-da (alligator)
Anamoo (animal, also for Peekaboo Barn app on the iPhone)
Airplane
Baa (sheep)
Ba-ta-du (both caterpillar and butterfly)
Ball
Bi-ko-ko (bicycle)
Birdy
Birdy eagull (eagle and sea gull)
Boat
Boo (blue)
Book
Bug
Bye-bye
Car
Choo choo
Circoo (circle)
Cold
Couch
Deer
Duck
Eat
E-i-e-i-yo (Old MacDonald song)
E-moe (oatmeal)
Fish
Go
Gog (frog)
Grass
Green
Hat
Hekaper (helicopter)
Help
Hot
Hi
Jam
Kitty
Mawch (march)
Milk
Mine
Mo (more)
Moo (cow)
Moon
Nack (a catch-all that refers to anything in the snack pantry: chips, cereal bars, dried snap peas, rice cakes, crackers, etc.)
Nap pea
No (usually as "no no no!")
Out
Oange (orange)
Pancake
Peace + the sign
Play
Pee pee
Poo poo
Poon (spoon)
Poley (rolly poley)
Puck (cup)
Puppy
Purpoo (purple)
Red
Sleep
Socks
Toast
Tur-too (turtle)
Up
U-toos (shoes)
Yeh-yo (yellow)
Walk
Water
Spanish:
Agua
Hola
Mas
Poquito
I'm sure there are some more I'm forgetting, so I'll keep updating this list periodically.
UPDATE 7/14/09: Myer is even more chatty at 22 months, so this will be the last update to this post. I'm going to try something a little different a la Little Isis Says Science (hat tip to the laboratory and domestic goddess, Dr. Isis!).
No comments:
Post a Comment