First day of school (Sept. 2013)

First day of school (Sept. 2013)

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

How to read this blog... or simply 'New and improved'

You may or may not have noticed a subtle change here, especially if you have ever taken note of the label list. 

Recently I have had pause to consider the site as a whole - the collective import of each and every individual post. It's been fun re-reading all the entries, many of which still bring me to the verge of laughing out loud. At the same time, it strikes me that there is now a critical mass of posts. The tight organization that we began with has become a little cluttered, and I hate clutter.

Figure 1: When Jill Munroe skateboarded over the hood of that old car, I was awestruck. And, I admit, momentarily a little bit scared.

As Matt will tell you, the 'clean gene' in me is fighting to reassert its dominance; I simply can't help myself from wanting to organize and re-organize things, which I now know extends to my cyber life. I mean, isn't it pretty obvious to everyone that the site would be massively improved by updating the inter-connectedness of these posts on the one hand (or establishing them in some cases), and reorganizing the labels on the other hand? That these posts are merely stories within a much larger story?

So, far from being an aesthetic update, this is a spring cleaning of the highest organizational order. This is a massive undertaking as I zero in on the 100th post (and when I do reach that milestone you can be sure it will be a BIG deal). But again, with so many posts let me repeat what a massive effort cleaning up the clutter is. In short, it's a job for the other of my two female role models:

Figure 2: Alas, as my athletic abilities do not extend to skateboarding, I am content to just hold up this blog. I have no pretenses to saving the world, but I do make a mean 7 layer dip.

The adventures continue as this blog continues to evolve... more changes and stories (and blowouts?) to come - enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment