That's the request I've gotten the last couple of nights. I have always sung to both boys to soothe them or help them to sleep, even though I am apparently tone-deaf (or so I have been told). Myer is still young enough I can sing my made-up motherly songs, but Rory is of the age that he likes the songs that tell a story. He also does this funky little shoulder pop when he dances or just hears a good beat (which is often in our house, being the Matt Brookhart School of Rock).
Rory has lately taken to putting in bedtime requests. Lately it's 'The Circle Game'. I've sung it the last couple of nights now. So tonight there he is, all tucked in, binky and puppies in hand, staring up at me from the covers. And I'm singing the chorus 'and the painted ponies go up and down' and I nearly burst out laughing mid-song because that's when he started his shoulder pop, left shoulder only. He did it not once, but all four times I sang the chorus. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment