"Daddy, how do Japanese boys eat their sushi?"There is a Japanese restaurant in San Jose we usually visit when we're up that way, Sushi Maru. Rory can eat us all under the table - he loves miso soup, a bowl of rice, and some of whatever we have. The same goes for Vietnamese noodle soup, pho. Matt orders a large size and I order a small size, and we share ours with Rory, who seems to have hollow legs.
"Daddy, is that furikake?"
"Daddy, I can use chopsticks."
"Daddy, do Japanese boys like salmon?"
"Daddy, wasabi is spicy."
First day of school (Sept. 2013)
Sunday, January 27, 2008
"I like sushi!"
I never would have thought a three year-old would like sushi as much as Rory. He likes the nori plain and with handrolls; usually he'll just have rice in his roll, with some cucumber, avocado, and fish stick on the side. But the cutest part is that he absorbs all the information Matt tells him about little kids eating in Japan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment