A busy series of days ahead... I'm at a conference Tuesday through Thursday this week, and then Saturday I'm off to the Normandy coast for a work retreat. I suppose I ought not really complain about that, but I do wish the family could join or that I could have taken a day on either end to acclimate and properly enjoy being there. Have always wanted to see Gold Beach in honor of my dad, only connected through Paris and never really spent time in the city, lots of great wine and cheese, etc.
And though I'm only really passing through Paris en route to the coast, I'm already fretting about what to pack, and not because of the weather. Can I really keep it to just a single carry-on? It is the fashion capital of the world. And by all accounts, Le Touquet hardly sounds like the quaint little coastal town. If I managed to pack lightly for eighteen years of summer camp, I'm sure I can manage four days of la vie en rose.
As it is, there's really just Sunday day for sightseeing. I'll be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, I'm sure, as I touch down in Paris at 6:55 am. I might just need to get back on the caffeine wagon these few days (haven't really had much coffee since my pregnancies). Matt tells a great story about a history professor of his who began his initial lecture with: You know why the streets of Paris are lined with trees, right? Which the graduate students then seriously pondered, not realizing it was a joke (punchline at the end of this post).
All this to say, I'll probably post a lot this week in advance of my creative juices being sapped next week.
Or maybe my honey will pick up my slack and file a couple of TSP reports (Temporary Single Parenting). Yeah, I'm gonna need you to go ahead and come in on Saturday. And Sunday too.
A: So the Germans could march in the shade.
No comments:
Post a Comment